[Only in Medan] Groceries Edition

Hi All,

Since I just move to Medan earlier this year, I found some interesting products I have never seen in my entire life before living in Medan. Here are some stuff I found on local supermarket that I have never seen before :

1. Sabun Telepon



It's a bar soap that often sold in a huge batch. They said people use it to clean the dishes or laundry. Basically like a cream soap (sabun colek) but in a bar version.

2. Indomie Soto Medan



Indomie is everywhere but I have never seen this one back in Jakarta or Bandung. I have tasted it a few times. It tastes almost like the soto mie flavour minus the citrusy hint. I quite enjoy the taste.

3. Pillow Pouch Frying Oil



To be honest, I totally don't understand what is the purpose of this packaging except it is smaller with less volume. Although this is my first time seeing it, one of my friend said that he found it in his hometown too. So maybe it's not unique to Medan, but it's pretty rare to find in Jakarta.

4. Kecap Angsa



There are two types of soy sauce from this brand. Salty soy sauce and sweet soy sauce. I like to use the salty one because it taste good and smells nice. I can make yakiniku sauce, soy garlic sauce with this soy sauce as base. Basically it's like a local kikkoman! The price is also super affordable.

I think there will be several things later that I will found out exist only in Medan. If you guys know anything else I have not dicovered yet, please leave a comment down below or reach me on my Instagram :)

Komentar

Postingan Populer